迎圣诞,跟加拿大妈妈学亲子英文:装饰房间、烤饼干、等礼物……
作者:小雅和英美友人
本文英文由小雅的加拿大朋友,4岁宝宝的妈妈编写,录音由美国朋友录制,展现了原汁原味的圣诞节口语。我们还曾写过2篇圣诞节习俗的介绍,见文末链接。
I. Christmas Traditions
圣诞传统
Mom: Christmas is coming.
妈妈:圣诞节快到了。
Shall we get ready for the holiday?
咱们准备过节吧?
Child: Mommy, what do we do for Christmas?
宝宝:妈妈,圣诞节咱们都干什么呀?
Mom: At Christmas, we spend time with friends and family and give and receive gifts.
妈妈:圣诞节的时候,咱们要和家人朋友在一起,互送礼物。
中文说“家人朋友”,但是英文的顺序刚好相反,说friends and family。
II. Decorating the House
装饰房间
We also like to put decorations up inside and outside the house.
咱们还会在屋里屋外挂一些装饰品。
Child: Decorations sound like fun.
宝宝:装饰听起来挺有意思的。
What do we need to do?
咱们需要做什么呢?
Mom: First, we need to go get a Christmas tree.
妈妈:首先,咱们需要去买一棵圣诞树。
虽然表达的是“买”的概念,但口语中一般用get,不用buy。
Let's go to the Christmas tree farm and cut one down.
咱们去圣诞树农场砍一棵。
圣诞节,西方家庭有的用真树,有的用假树。
We'll take it home and put it in the living room, and then we'll decorate it.
咱们把它拿回家,放在客厅里,然后装饰它。
如果是用汽车运,不用carry,用take。
Child: Sounds great!
宝宝:太好了!
How do we decorate the tree?
咱们怎么装饰树呢?
Mom: Next is the really fun part.
妈妈:下一步是真正有意思的。
We put all of the decorations on the tree and around the house.
我们在树上和屋子里挂上装饰品。
On the tree, we put ornaments, lights, ribbons and tinsel with an angel sitting on the top.
咱们在树上挂上小挂件、灯、锻带、拉花,最上面坐一个天使。
Decoration和ornament都是装饰品,两者有什么区别呢?Decoration是装饰品的总称,ornament通常是挂件,且通常指圣诞的装饰物,比如万圣节的挂饰就叫Halloween decorations,情人节的挂饰叫Valentine's decorations。
圣诞树顶端放星星或者天使都是很常见的。
Around the house, we put more ornaments and candles.
在房间里再挂一些小挂件,放一些蜡烛。
We also hang up the Christmas cards we receive or place them around the house.
咱们还会把收到的圣诞贺卡挂起来或者摆在屋子里。
Then we hang up lights outside and put a wreath on the door.
然后咱们把灯挂在外面,在门上挂一个花环。
Child: Can I help?
宝宝:我能帮忙吗?
Mom: Yes, of course.
妈妈:当然可以。
It's so much fun.
可有意思了。
III. Baking Christmas Cookies
烤圣诞饼干
Mom: You can also help me bake Christmas cookies and wrap presents to give to our friends and family.
妈妈:你还可以帮我烤圣诞饼干,包装礼物,把它们送给家人和朋友。
Gift和present有什么区别呢?Gift比较正式,present一般是对孩子说。
We need to make the cookies look like reindeer and snowmen.
咱们要把饼干做成驯鹿和雪人的样子。
Child: Mmm. Can I try one?
宝宝:嗯。我能试试做一个吗?
Mom: Yes, of course, but don't eat them all, as we need to share with your friends.
妈妈:当然可以了,但是别都吃了,因为咱们还得和朋友们分享呢。
IV. Presents from Santa
圣诞老人的礼物
Child: Mommy, are there any presents for me?
宝宝:妈妈,有我的礼物吗?
Mom: Yes, of course.
妈妈:当然有。
If you have been a good girl, Santa Claus will be bringing your presents on Christmas Eve.
你要是乖的话,圣诞老人就会在圣诞夜给你送来礼物。
He flies around the world delivering presents to good little boys and girls with his sleigh pulled by 8 reindeer.
他会乘坐8只驯鹿拉的雪橇,在全世界飞来飞去给乖宝宝们送礼物。
如同deer-鹿的单复数是一样的,reindeer的单复数也一样。
But first you need to write a letter to Santa telling him what you would like for Christmas.
但是你得先给圣诞老人写封信,告诉他你圣诞节想要什么。
Child: I am so excited!
宝宝:太棒了。
I will write to him straight away!
我现在就给他写。
Can I stay up on Christmas Eve to meet him?
我圣诞夜能熬夜等着他吗?
Mom: No, you can't.
妈妈:不能的。
Santa only comes when children are sleeping, so you must go to bed.
圣诞老人只有在小朋友们睡觉的时候才来呢,所以你得上床睡觉。
But before we go to bed, we leave Santa and his reindeer a treat – a glass of milk and some cookies for Santa and a carrot for his reindeer.
但是上床之前,我们给圣诞老人和驯鹿留一些好吃的——一杯牛奶、一些饼干,一个胡萝卜给驯鹿。
很多家庭还会给驯鹿留trail mix,或者叫reindeer food,就是一盘干货,包括nut-坚果、raisins-葡萄干、dry cereal-干粮、dried fruit-水果干等。
When you wake up you will find your stocking filled with presents under the tree.
你醒来的时候,就会发现树下的袜子里装满了礼物了。
Then, we'll open them all up.
然后咱们就把它们都打开。
And then, we'll go to Grandma and Grandpa's house for our Christmas lunch.
然后咱们去爷爷奶奶家吃圣诞午餐。
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
这是一年中最开心的时刻!
点击下方文字,查看更多圣诞节相关内容:
妈妈可以带宝宝吃的十大圣诞美食,姜饼人、拐棍糖,好可爱
20种圣诞树上的小挂件的英文,妈妈学会才能讲给宝宝听
[注:本文部分图片来自互联网!未经授权,不得转载!每天跟着我们读更多的书]
互推传媒文章转载自第三方或本站原创生产,如需转载,请联系版权方授权,如有内容如侵犯了你的权益,请联系我们进行删除!
如若转载,请注明出处:http://www.hfwlcm.com/info/41216.html